Monday, April 19, 2010

"We should've just watched Face-Off."

Yesterday, we all showed up at Casa de O'Connor for our team run....BUT....Mike and Mallory got married Saturday, which means open bar at the reception, which means everyone except Dan and I was very, very hungover. Ryan suggested and we watch Face-Off and for a few moments it seemed like that was going to happen. However, Ben and Andy insisted that instead of a run, we should at least be active for a while, and at least burn some calories and get a decent cardio workout. Enter ultimate frisbee. We went to Shapiro Park and started playing some frisbee. Enter wind. It was way too windy for a frisbee. Enter football. We decided to play football instead. I had a Chris Johnson-esque touchdown run, which probably would've been the talk of game, but SOMEONE whose name starts with a J and ends with an Ennie had to be selfish and steal the show. In a total freak accident, Jennie broke her hip. She's laid up for a few weeks. We all feel terrible for her, but she's one of the toughest women I know, so she'll muscle through it. When the EMT's were putting her on the stretcher, in the middle of the pandemonium, I was sitting in the car with baby Olivia and I heard Ryan say "We should've just watched Face-Off."......agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment