Sunday, May 16, 2010

6 miles? broken?

So, while I do consider it cheating a little bit, I ran the farthest I've ever run the other day. I was at Fuller's Fitness with my man Pat Schrader, and while he got his swell on, I hit up the treadmill. I got to 30 minutes and said, go to 40. Got to 40 minutes and said go to 45. After this tug of war between my body and my "want to" was over, I finished at 60 minutes for a grand total of......6.3 miles! I consider it cheating only because there were no hills (obviously) but still, it felt really good.
Also, I weighed in at 225lbs. I haven't been weighed in a while, but I usually stick between 233 and 235 so weight has officially been lost baby!

Today we met at the track again. We did a half mile warmup, then Andy wanted to see how fast we could run a mile. My goal was 7:20, so naturally moments after I settled on that, Andy said "Alright, Dan and Dave, 7 minutes." To which I replied "I can't run a 7 minute mile, so I don't know what to tell you." Regardless, I set out at a comfortable pace, held it for the first three laps, then had a little extra for the last one. I increased my stride, found a good rhythm, and finished in 6:54. Call up Mr. McCaul and tell him to suck on that. I was very, very stoked. After that, we did a drill called "Strides". It sucked, that's all you need to know:-\

Some people that are close to me have been getting me down about the whole running a marathon lately, for reasons I will never understand. Shoutout to the whole MarathonTeam, (Ben, Jay, Andy, Dan, Snippy, and Erin) and a few other very close friends for being friends.


Until Next Time,

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment